Обсуждение: pgfouine - commit details?

pgfouine - commit details?

От
"Josh Cole"

We are using pgfouine to try and optimize our database at this time.  Is there a way to have pgfouine show examples or breakout commits?

Queries that took up the most time

Rank     Total duration    Times executed             Av. duration (s)             Query

1          26m54s             222,305                         0.01                              COMMIT;

Perhaps we need to tweak what is being logged by postgresql?

log_destination = 'syslog'

logging_collector = on

log_directory = 'pg_log'

log_truncate_on_rotation = on

log_rotation_age = 1d

syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'

syslog_ident = 'postgres'

client_min_messages = notice

log_min_messages = notice

log_error_verbosity = default

log_min_error_statement = notice

log_min_duration_statement = 2

#silent_mode = off

debug_print_parse = off

debug_print_rewritten = off

debug_print_plan = off

debug_pretty_print = off

log_checkpoints = off

log_connections = off

log_disconnections = off

log_duration = off

log_hostname = off

#log_line_prefix = ''

log_lock_waits = on

log_statement = 'none'

#log_temp_files = -1

#log_timezone = unknown

#track_activities = on

#track_counts = on

#update_process_title = on

#log_parser_stats = off

#log_planner_stats = off

#log_executor_stats = off

#log_statement_stats = off

Regards,

Josh

Re: pgfouine - commit details?

От
"Guillaume Smet"
Дата:
Josh,

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Josh Cole <Josh.Cole@t8design.com> wrote:
> We are using pgfouine to try and optimize our database at this time.  Is
> there a way to have pgfouine show examples or breakout commits?

I hesitated before not implementing this idea. The problem is that you
often don't log everything and use log_min_duration_statement and thus
you don't have all the queries of the transaction in your log file
(and you usually don't have the BEGIN; command in the logs).

--
Guillaume

Re: pgfouine - commit details?

От
"Josh Cole"
Дата:
We are shipping the postgres.log to a remote syslog repository to take the I/O burden off our postgresql server.  As such if we set log_min_duration_statement to 0 this allow us to get more detailed information about our commits using pgfouine...correct?

--
Josh