Обсуждение: HOT TOAST?

HOT TOAST?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

Does anyone know if HOT is compatible with pg_toast tables, or do TOASTed rows
simply get excluded from HOT?  I can run some tests, but if someone knows
this off the top of their heads it would save me some time.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: HOT TOAST?

Дата:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Does anyone know if HOT is compatible with pg_toast tables, or do TOASTed rows
> simply get excluded from HOT?

The current TOAST code never does any updates, only inserts/deletes.
But the HOT logic should be able to reclaim deleted rows early via
pruning.

            regards, tom lane

Re: HOT TOAST?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Tom,

> The current TOAST code never does any updates, only inserts/deletes.
> But the HOT logic should be able to reclaim deleted rows early via
> pruning.

OK, so for a heavy update application we should still see a vacuum
reduction, even if most of the rows are 40k large?

Time to run some tests ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus