Обсуждение: How much memory PostgreSQL is going to use?

How much memory PostgreSQL is going to use?

От
Arnau
Дата:
Hi all,

   I have a server with 4GB of memory and I'm tweaking the PostgreSQL
configuration. This server will be dedicated to run PostgreSQL so I'd
like to dedicate as much as possible RAM to it.

   I have dedicated 1GB to shared_buffers (shared_buffers=131072) but
I'm not sure if this will be the maximum memory used by PostgreSQL or
additional to this it will take more memory. Because if shared_buffers
is the maximum I could raise that value even more.

Cheers!
--
Arnau

Re: How much memory PostgreSQL is going to use?

От
Bill Moran
Дата:

> Hi all,
>
>    I have a server with 4GB of memory and I'm tweaking the PostgreSQL
> configuration. This server will be dedicated to run PostgreSQL so I'd
> like to dedicate as much as possible RAM to it.
>
>    I have dedicated 1GB to shared_buffers (shared_buffers=131072) but
> I'm not sure if this will be the maximum memory used by PostgreSQL or
> additional to this it will take more memory. Because if shared_buffers
> is the maximum I could raise that value even more.

Individual backend processes will allocate more memory above shared_buffers
for processing individual queries.  See work_mem.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com