Обсуждение: glibc double-free error

glibc double-free error

От
"Craig A. James"
Дата:
I'm using pg_dump/pg_restore to quickly copy databases between servers.  But my server keeps crashing when I run
pg_restore:

    glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0a00b1a0

Postgres: 8.1.4
   Linux: 2.6.12-1.1381_FC3
   glibc: 2.3.6-0.fc3.1

Server: Dell
   CPU: Xeon 2.80GHz
Memory: 4 GB

This is pretty repeatable.  Any particular pg_dump file that causes the crash will cause it every time it is used, and
ithappens with a lot of my databases.

What can I do to help diagnose this problem?

Craig

Re: glibc double-free error

Дата:
"Craig A. James" <cjames@modgraph-usa.com> writes:
> I'm using pg_dump/pg_restore to quickly copy databases between servers.  But my server keeps crashing when I run
pg_restore:
>     glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0a00b1a0

> What can I do to help diagnose this problem?

Either dig into it yourself with gdb, or send me a not-too-large example
dump file (off-list)...

            regards, tom lane

Re: glibc double-free error

От
"Craig A. James"
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Craig A. James" <cjames@modgraph-usa.com> writes:
>> I'm using pg_dump/pg_restore to quickly copy databases between servers.  But my server keeps crashing when I run
pg_restore:
>>     glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0a00b1a0
>
>> What can I do to help diagnose this problem?
>
> Either dig into it yourself with gdb, or send me a not-too-large example
> dump file (off-list)...

Hmmm ... after moving to our production server, four hours of work copying a dozen databases, there hasn't been a
singleglibc problem.  The development server is Fedora Core 3, the productions server is Fedora Core 4.  Unless it
happenson FC4, I'm diagnosing that it's a glibc bug or incompatibility that was already fixed.

Thanks,
Craig

Re: glibc double-free error

Дата:
"Craig A. James" <cjames@modgraph-usa.com> writes:
> ... The development server is Fedora Core 3, the productions server is
> Fedora Core 4.  Unless it happens on FC4, I'm diagnosing that it's a
> glibc bug or incompatibility that was already fixed.

[ squint... ]  I find that explanation pretty implausible, but unless
you can reproduce it on the production machine, I suppose digging
further would be a waste of time ...

            regards, tom lane