Обсуждение: Easy question

Easy question

От
clemens.bertschler@gmail.com
Дата:
Hi List
I have maybe an easy question but i do not find an answer, i have this
SQL query:

SELECT geom,group,production_facs FROM south_america
        WHERE municipio = ''
            OR municipio = 'ACRE'
            OR municipio = 'ADJUNTAS'
            OR municipio = 'AGUADA'

The performance of this query is quite worse as longer it gets, its
possible that this query gets over 20 to 30 OR comparisons, but then
the performance is really worse, is it possible to speed it up?
Thanks
Clemens

Re: Easy question

От
"codeWarrior"
Дата:
SELECT geom, group, production_facs FROM south_america

WHERE UPPER(municipio) IN ('ACRE', 'ADJUNTAS', 'AGUADA');

<clemens.bertschler@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi List
> I have maybe an easy question but i do not find an answer, i have this
> SQL query:
>
> SELECT geom,group,production_facs FROM south_america
> WHERE municipio = ''
> OR municipio = 'ACRE'
> OR municipio = 'ADJUNTAS'
> OR municipio = 'AGUADA'
>
> The performance of this query is quite worse as longer it gets, its
> possible that this query gets over 20 to 30 OR comparisons, but then
> the performance is really worse, is it possible to speed it up?
> Thanks
> Clemens

Re: Easy question

От
"Bert"
Дата:
Thanks,
But the performance is the same just the formating is more simple.
Greets,
Bert

Re: Easy question

От
"Michael Artz"
Дата:
You have a functional index on UPPER(municipo), right?  How large is the table?