Обсуждение: MVCC intro and benefits docs?

MVCC intro and benefits docs?

От
Antoine
Дата:
Hi,
Does anyone know of any fairly entry-level documentation for the
benefits-drawbacks of MVCC in the db? As it relates to performance?
Postgres vs the others?
Cheers
Antoine

--
This is where I should put some witty comment.

Re: MVCC intro and benefits docs?

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 10:27:39PM +0200, Antoine wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know of any fairly entry-level documentation for the
> benefits-drawbacks of MVCC in the db? As it relates to performance?
> Postgres vs the others?
> Cheers
> Antoine

It's not dedicated to discussing MVCC alone, but
http://www.pervasive-postgres.com/lp/newsletters/2005/Insights_opensource_Dec.asp#2
might provide you with some useful info.

Re: MVCC intro and benefits docs?

От
"Qingqing Zhou"
Дата:
""Jim C. Nasby"" <jnasby@pervasive.com> wrote

> It's not dedicated to discussing MVCC alone, but

http://www.pervasive-postgres.com/lp/newsletters/2005/Insights_opensource_Dec.asp#2
> might provide you with some useful info.
> --

Another introduction is here:

http://www.postgresql.org/files/developer/transactions.pdf

Regards,