Обсуждение: Multiple disks: RAID 5 or PG Cluster

Multiple disks: RAID 5 or PG Cluster

От
Yves Vindevogel
Дата:
Hi,

We are looking to build a new machine for a big PG database.

We were wondering if a machine with 5 scsi-disks would perform better
if we use a hardware raid 5 controller or if we would go for the
clustering in PG.

If we cluster in PG, do we have redundancy on the data like in a RAID
5 ?

First concern is performance, not redundancy (we can do that a
different way because all data comes from upload files)

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Bien à vous,

Kind regards,

<bold>Yves Vindevogel</bold>

<bold>Implements</bold>

<smaller>

</smaller>Hi,

?

First concern is performance, not redundancy (we can do that a
different way because all data comes from upload files)

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bien à vous,
Kind regards,

Yves Vindevogel
Implements

<smaller>

Mail: yves.vindevogel@implements.be  - Mobile: +32 (478) 80 82 91

Kempische Steenweg 206 - 3500 Hasselt - Tel-Fax: +32 (11) 43 55 76

Web: http://www.implements.be

<italic><x-tad-smaller>

First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.  Then they fight you.
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi.</x-tad-smaller></italic></smaller>

Mail: yves.vindevogel@implements.be  - Mobile: +32 (478) 80 82 91

Kempische Steenweg 206 - 3500 Hasselt - Tel-Fax: +32 (11) 43 55 76

Web: http://www.implements.be

First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.  Then they fight you.
Then you win.
Mahatma Ghandi.

Вложения

Re: Multiple disks: RAID 5 or PG Cluster

От
Vivek Khera