Обсуждение: Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon

Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon

От
"Mohan, Ross"
Дата:
FWIW, ODBC has variables to tweak, as well. fetch/buffer sizes, and the like.

Maybe one of the ODBC cognoscenti here can chime in more concretely....

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Joel Fradkin
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:36 AM
To: 'Tom Lane'; 'John A Meinel'
Cc: 'Postgresql Performance'
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon

I suspect he's using pgadmin.
Yup I was, but I did try running on the linux box in psql, but it was running to the screen and took forever because of
that.

The real issue is returning to my app using ODBC is very slow (Have not tested the ODBC for MYSQL, MSSQL is ok (the two
procdell is running out of steam but been good until this year when we about doubled our demand by adding sears as a
client).

Using odbc to postgres on some of the views (Josh from Command is having me do some very specific testing) is timing
outwith a 10 minute time limit. These are pages that still respond using MSSQL (this is wehere production is using the
duelproc and the test is using the 4 proc).

I have a tool that hooks to all three databases so I can try it with that and see if I get different responses.

Joel

Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon

От
"Joel Fradkin"
Дата:
Here is the connect string I am using.
It could be horrid as I cut it from ODBC program.

Session("StringConn") =
"DRIVER={PostgreSQL};DATABASE=wazagua;SERVER=192.168.123.252;PORT=5432;UID=;
PWD=;ReadOnly=0;Protocol=6.4;FakeOidIndex=0;ShowOidColumn=0;RowVersioning=0;
ShowSystemTables=0;ConnSettings=;Fetch=100;Socket=4096;UnknownSizes=0;MaxVar
charSize=254;MaxLongVarcharSize=8190;Debug=0;CommLog=0;Optimizer=1;Ksqo=1;Us
eDeclareFetch=0;TextAsLongVarchar=1;UnknownsAsLongVarchar=0;BoolsAsChar=1;Pa
rse=0;CancelAsFreeStmt=0;ExtraSysTablePrefixes=dd_;LFConversion=1;UpdatableC
ursors=1;DisallowPremature=0;TrueIsMinus1=0;BI=0;ByteaAsLongVarBinary=0;UseS
erverSidePrepare=0"

Joel Fradkin