Обсуждение: help on explain analyse in psql 7.1.3 (linux)

help on explain analyse in psql 7.1.3 (linux)

От
"S.Thanga Prakash"
Дата:
hi,

        I am using psql 7.1.3

I didn't find option analyse in explain command..

how to get time taken by SQL procedure/query?

regards,
stp..

Re: help on explain analyse in psql 7.1.3 (linux)

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
> I didn't find option analyse in explain command..
>
> how to get time taken by SQL procedure/query?

Explain analyze was added in 7.2 - you really need to upgrade...

You can use \timing in psql to get an approximation...

Chris

Re: help on explain analyse in psql 7.1.3 (linux)

От
"S.Thanga Prakash"
Дата:
hi,

    thanks for immediate response..

regards,
stp..

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > I didn't find option analyse in explain command..
> >
> > how to get time taken by SQL procedure/query?
>
> Explain analyze was added in 7.2 - you really need to upgrade...
>
> You can use \timing in psql to get an approximation...
>
> Chris

Re: help on explain analyse in psql 7.1.3 (linux)

Дата:
>> I didn't find option analyse in explain command..
>>
>> how to get time taken by SQL procedure/query?

> Explain analyze was added in 7.2 - you really need to upgrade...

> You can use \timing in psql to get an approximation...

7.1 psql hasn't got \timing either ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: help on explain analyse in psql 7.1.3 (linux)

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата: