Обсуждение: How to time several queries?

How to time several queries?

От
nd02tsk@student.hig.se
Дата:
Hello

I posted this on the general list but think it would be more appropriate
here. Sorry.

I know it is possible to time isolated queries through the settting of the
\timing option in psql. This makes PgSQL report the time it took to
perform one operation.

I would like to know how one can get a time summary of many operations, if
it is at all possible.

Thank you.

Tim

Re: How to time several queries?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
nd02tsk@student.hig.se wrote:

>Hello
>
>I posted this on the general list but think it would be more appropriate
>here. Sorry.
>
>I know it is possible to time isolated queries through the settting of the
>\timing option in psql. This makes PgSQL report the time it took to
>perform one operation.
>
>I would like to know how one can get a time summary of many operations, if
>it is at all possible.

Hello,

You can turn on statement and duration logging in the postgresql.conf

>Thank you.
>
>Tim

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: How to time several queries?

От
nd02tsk@student.hig.se
Дата:
It doesn't seem to work. I want a time summary at the end. I am inserting
insert queries from a file with the \i option.

This is the outcome:

[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.672 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.730 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.698 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.805 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.670 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.831 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.815 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.793 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.660 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.667 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.754 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.668 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.688 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.671 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.787 ms
[7259] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');
[7259] LOG:  duration: 1.722 ms
[7309] LOG:  statement: DELETE FROM weather;
[7309] LOG:  duration: 11.314 ms
[7330] LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46,
50, 0.25, '1994-11-27')

Tim

Re: How to time several queries?

От
"Matthew Nuzum"
Дата:
When I'm using psql and I want to time queries, which is what I've been
doing for a little over a day now, I do the following:

Select now(); query 1; query 2; query 3; select now();

This works fine unless you're doing selects with a lot of rows which will
cause your first timestamp to scroll off the screen.

--
Matthew Nuzum      + "Man was born free, and everywhere
www.bearfruit.org  :  he is in chains," Rousseau