Обсуждение: Optimizing Performance

Optimizing Performance

От
"Kamalraj Singh Madhan"
Дата:
Hi,
      I'am having major performance issues with post gre 7.3.1 db. Kindly suggest all the possible means by which i can
optimizethe performance of this database. If not all, some ideas (even if they are common) are also welcome. There is
nooptimisation done to the default configuration of the installed database. Kindly suggest.

regards
Kamalraj

Re: Optimizing Performance

От
Shridhar Daithankar
Дата:
Kamalraj Singh Madhan wrote:

> Hi,
>       I'am having major performance issues with post gre 7.3.1 db. Kindly suggest all the possible means by which i
canoptimize the performance of this database. If not all, some ideas (even if they are common) are also welcome. There
isno optimisation done to the default configuration of the installed database. Kindly suggest.

Check
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html

  Shridhar

Re: Optimizing Performance

От
Christopher Browne
Дата:
kamalr@networkprograms.com ("Kamalraj Singh Madhan") writes:
> Hi, I'am having major performance issues with post gre 7.3.1
> db. Kindly suggest all the possible means by which i can optimize
> the performance of this database. If not all, some ideas (even if
> they are common) are also welcome. There is no optimisation done to
> the default configuration of the installed database. Kindly suggest.

The best single document I am aware of on tuning the database may be
found here:

  <http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html>

That may help with some of your problems, but there can be no
guarantees.  What ultimately must happen is for you to discover what
are the bottlenecks on your system and addressing them.  That involves
a process of exploration, as opposed to one of doing some unambiguous
"best practices."
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'libertyrms.info';
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>