Обсуждение: Autovacuum

Autovacuum

От
"Christopher Browne"
Дата:
"Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> wrote:
>It is called as pgavd..

No, it is called pg_autovacuum

"pgavd" was a previous attempt at this that was being distributed on
gborg.  Its parser ussage (I don't recall if it was just lex or whether it
also included yacc) made it troublesome to get to run on all platforms.

The code for pg_autovacuum is in 7.4, in contrib; it also works perfectly
well in 7.3, so you should be able to grab the directory and drop the code
into the 7.3 contrib area.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.smrytrebil@" "enworbbc"))
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.info/>

Re: Autovacuum

От
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Дата:
On 29 Jul 2003 at 8:03, Christopher Browne wrote:

> "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> >It is called as pgavd..
>
> No, it is called pg_autovacuum
>
> "pgavd" was a previous attempt at this that was being distributed on
> gborg.  Its parser ussage (I don't recall if it was just lex or whether it
> also included yacc) made it troublesome to get to run on all platforms.

Yeah.. I wrote that and didn't quite maintain that after. Mathew finished
pg_autovacuum shortly after that.

I recall reading some bug reports and I fixed couple of problems in CVS but
didn't bother to make a release after there was a contrib module..

> The code for pg_autovacuum is in 7.4, in contrib; it also works perfectly
> well in 7.3, so you should be able to grab the directory and drop the code
> into the 7.3 contrib area.

Good to know that..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Flon's Law:    There is not now, and never will be, a language in    which it is the least bit difficult to write bad
programs.