Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] Indicate disabled triggers in \d

Re: [HACKERS] Indicate disabled triggers in \d

От
"Brendan Jurd"
Дата:
As discussed briefly on pgsql-hackers, the current psql \d command
does not make any distinction between enabled and disabled triggers.

The attached patch modifies psql's describeOneTableDetails() such that
triggers and disabled triggers are displayed as two separate footer
lists, for example:

Triggers:
   y AFTER DELETE ON x FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE do_something()
Disabled triggers:
   z BEFORE INSERT ON x FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE input_stuff()

The patch compiled and tested cleanly on my machine, and passed all
regression tests.

I didn't find any relevant documentation that needed patching, so this
feature add should work fine as a standalone patch.

Regards,
BJ

Вложения

Re: [HACKERS] Indicate disabled triggers in \d

От
"Brendan Jurd"
Дата:
On 11/7/06, Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
> As discussed briefly on pgsql-hackers, the current psql \d command
> does not make any distinction between enabled and disabled triggers.
>
> The attached patch modifies psql's describeOneTableDetails() such that
> triggers and disabled triggers are displayed as two separate footer
> lists, for example:

Minor fix to the previous patch; result7 was not being cleared at the
end of the block.

Вложения

Re: [HACKERS] Indicate disabled triggers in \d

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 16:21 +1100, Brendan Jurd wrote:
> Minor fix to the previous patch; result7 was not being cleared at the
> end of the block.

The patch still leaks result7 circa line 1400 (CVS HEAD). I didn't look
closely, but you probably also leak result7 circa line 1209, if result6
is NULL.

(Yeah, we definitely need to refactor describeOneTableDetails().)

-Neil

Re: [HACKERS] Indicate disabled triggers in \d

От
"Brendan Jurd"
Дата:
On 11/11/06, Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> wrote:

> The patch still leaks result7 circa line 1400 (CVS HEAD). I didn't look
> closely, but you probably also leak result7 circa line 1209, if result6
> is NULL.

New version of the patch attached (against CVS HEAD) that fixes these
two issues.

> (Yeah, we definitely need to refactor describeOneTableDetails().)

I'd be interested in doing some work on this.  What did you have in mind?

BJ

Вложения

Re: [HACKERS] Indicate disabled triggers in \d

Дата:

    http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches_hold

Brendan Jurd wrote:
> On 11/7/06, Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As discussed briefly on pgsql-hackers, the current psql \d command
> > does not make any distinction between enabled and disabled triggers.
> >
> > The attached patch modifies psql's describeOneTableDetails() such that
> > triggers and disabled triggers are displayed as two separate footer
> > lists, for example:
> >

> Minor fix to the previous patch; result7 was not being cleared at the
> end of the block.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Re: [HACKERS] Indicate disabled triggers in \d

Дата:
Patch applied by Neil.  Thanks.