Обсуждение: SQL:2003 keyword additions

SQL:2003 keyword additions

От
Simon Riggs
as per SQL:2003 Annex E pp.1173-1175 "Incompatibilities with SQL:1999",
specifically point 17, pp.1174-1175:

"A number of additional <reserved word>s have been added to the
language".

Enjoy.

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs

Вложения

Re: SQL:2003 keyword additions

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Simon Riggs wrote:
> as per SQL:2003 Annex E pp.1173-1175 "Incompatibilities with
> SQL:1999", specifically point 17, pp.1174-1175:
>
> "A number of additional <reserved word>s have been added to the
> language".

I think you are confusing keywords.c with the SQL standard.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: SQL:2003 keyword additions

Дата:
> as per SQL:2003 Annex E pp.1173-1175 "Incompatibilities with SQL:1999",
> specifically point 17, pp.1174-1175:
> "A number of additional <reserved word>s have been added to the
> language".

We are not going to reserve words simply because they are reserved in
the standard.  We go out of our way to make words as "little reserved"
as possible; words that we are not even using in the grammar don't have
to be reserved at all.

For future reference, the patch as proposed is broken anyway because it
doesn't add the keywords to the appropriate list in gram.y.

            regards, tom lane