Обсуждение: oid2name

oid2name

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Patchers,

Here is a patch bringing oid2name into the 21st century.  Supports
schemas (thought you can't select what schema to display), tablespaces,
and using -o for OIDs and -f for filenames (pg_class.relfilenode).  Also
-t now accepts LIKE patterns.  There can be multiple and mixed -o, -f
and -t arguments, and it will show all the objects in one go.

By default it only shows filenode and relation name, though a -x switch
makes it include tablespace name, schema name and OID.

Also, the headers are prettier.

Please comment, review and/or apply.

"Cuando no hay humildad las personas se degradan" (A. Christie)

Вложения

Re: oid2name

Дата:

and approves it.

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Patchers,
>
> Here is a patch bringing oid2name into the 21st century.  Supports
> schemas (thought you can't select what schema to display), tablespaces,
> and using -o for OIDs and -f for filenames (pg_class.relfilenode).  Also
> -t now accepts LIKE patterns.  There can be multiple and mixed -o, -f
> and -t arguments, and it will show all the objects in one go.
>
> By default it only shows filenode and relation name, though a -x switch
> makes it include tablespace name, schema name and OID.
>
> Also, the headers are prettier.
>
> Please comment, review and/or apply.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]dcc.uchile.cl>)
> "Cuando no hay humildad las personas se degradan" (A. Christie)

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: oid2name

Дата:
> Here is a patch bringing oid2name into the 21st century.

Applied.  I did some additional editorial hacking on the README file to
try to clarify the explanation of disk layout.  (I suppose what we
really ought to do is migrate that information into the Admin Guide
someplace.)

            regards, tom lane