Обсуждение: Postgresql driver for linux ODBC expect a missing pg_config file

Postgresql driver for linux ODBC expect a missing pg_config file

От
"intmail01@gmail.com"
Дата:
Hello,

I want to use postgresql ODBC on linux and forced to compile a new odbc
driver for postgres.
The name of the driver is psqlodbc-09.03.0400.tar.gz

I just did  command  ./configure and error occurs because 'libpq'  is
expected. I search through the file systems and found where libpq.so.*
and libpq.a are stored. After that I did a new command like this:
./configure --with-libpq=/opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/lib/

An error occurs again. The output shows last two lines :
configure: using /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib
configure: error: specified pg_config not found

Please tell me how to continue the compilation ?
The file pg_config exists and is located in /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/bin/

Note that my postgresql binaries are downloaded directly from the
official site, I did not compile it. Installation directory is
/opt/PostgreSQL/9.3

Thank you

Re: Postgresql driver for linux ODBC expect a missing pg_config file

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 06/18/2015 06:40 AM, intmail01@gmail.com wrote:
> I just did  command  ./configure and error occurs because 'libpq'  is
> expected. I search through the file systems and found where libpq.so.*
> and libpq.a are stored. After that I did a new command like this:
> ./configure --with-libpq=/opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/lib/
>
> An error occurs again. The output shows last two lines :
> configure: using /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib
> configure: error: specified pg_config not found
>
> Please tell me how to continue the compilation ?
> The file pg_config exists and is located in /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/bin/
>
> Note that my postgresql binaries are downloaded directly from the
> official site, I did not compile it. Installation directory is
> /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3

Try:

./configure --with-libpq=/opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/

or

./configure --with-libpq=/opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/bin/pg_config

IIRC both of those should work.

- Heikki