Обсуждение: Time for a new release?

Time for a new release?

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
There have been a lot of small fixes since the latest release. Time for
a new release?

It would be nice to do a "final" 9.3 release pretty soon, so that we
could proceed with Michael Paquier's changes to remove support for < 7.4
servers. The plan was to go ahead with that in the first 9.4 release. If
we do the last 9.3 release now, we can do the first 9.4 release in a
month or so, at roughly the same time the community will likely release
server version 9.4.

- Heikki

Re: Time for a new release?

От
Michael Paquier

There have been a lot of small fixes since the latest release. Time for a new release?
There's been quite a couple of months since the last release, and I am not sure if openssl has been updated to 1.0.1i in the Windows installer.

so that we could proceed with Michael Paquier's changes to remove support for < 7.4 servers.
Yep. I'll do a new rebase.
--
Michael

Re: Time for a new release?

От
"Inoue, Hiroshi"
Дата:
(2014/10/06 21:47), Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> There have been a lot of small fixes since the latest release. Time for
> a new release?

I have some changes in my local source and would push them in a day or two.

> It would be nice to do a "final" 9.3 release pretty soon, so that we
> could proceed with Michael Paquier's changes to remove support for < 7.4
> servers. The plan was to go ahead with that in the first 9.4 release. If
> we do the last 9.3 release now, we can do the first 9.4 release in a
> month or so, at roughly the same time the community will likely release
> server version 9.4.
>
> - Heikki

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan

Re: Time for a new release?

От
"Inoue, Hiroshi"
Дата:
(2014/10/07 16:48), Inoue, Hiroshi wrote:
> (2014/10/06 21:47), Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> There have been a lot of small fixes since the latest release. Time for
>> a new release?
>
> I have some changes in my local source and would push them in a day or two.

OK I pushed them.

As I mentioned before, I refined a bootstrapper project psqlodbc-setup.
Generated psqlodbc-setup.exe installes both 32bit and 64bit drivers.
Using psqlodbc-setup.exe is a recommended way now.

All drivers, MSIs and psqlodbc-setup.exe are generated by typing

    BuildAll.[ps1|bat] -A
.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

>> It would be nice to do a "final" 9.3 release pretty soon, so that we
>> could proceed with Michael Paquier's changes to remove support for < 7.4
>> servers. The plan was to go ahead with that in the first 9.4 release. If
>> we do the last 9.3 release now, we can do the first 9.4 release in a
>> month or so, at roughly the same time the community will likely release
>> server version 9.4.
>>
>> - Heikki

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan

Re: Time for a new release?

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Inoue, Hiroshi <inoue@tpf.co.jp> wrote:
> All drivers, MSIs and psqlodbc-setup.exe are generated by typing
>    BuildAll.[ps1|bat] -A
Just tested it and that's really neat! User does not need to think
much if the environment is correctly set (wix, openssl, PATH, etc).
Thanks Inoue-san!
--
Michael

Re: Time for a new release?

От
"Inoue, Hiroshi"
Дата:
(2014/10/10 9:59), Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Inoue, Hiroshi <inoue@tpf.co.jp> wrote:
>> All drivers, MSIs and psqlodbc-setup.exe are generated by typing
>>     BuildAll.[ps1|bat] -A
> Just tested it and that's really neat! User does not need to think
> much if the environment is correctly set (wix, openssl, PATH, etc).
> Thanks Inoue-san!

I'm usually working on a cygwin terminal where neither MSBuild nor
nmake exists in my path. Yes BuildAll works with no problem.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan

Re: Time for a new release?

От
Jade Koskela
Дата:
Hi guys/gals,
,
Would it be possible to save the debug symbols (pdb) for the new build?
We are getting lots of crashdumps in for the driver but can't debug it.

Thanks,
Jade Koskela
Tableau Software

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi <inoue@tpf.co.jp> wrote:
(2014/10/10 9:59), Michael Paquier wrote:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Inoue, Hiroshi <inoue@tpf.co.jp> wrote:
All drivers, MSIs and psqlodbc-setup.exe are generated by typing
    BuildAll.[ps1|bat] -A
Just tested it and that's really neat! User does not need to think
much if the environment is correctly set (wix, openssl, PATH, etc).
Thanks Inoue-san!

I'm usually working on a cygwin terminal where neither MSBuild nor
nmake exists in my path. Yes BuildAll works with no problem.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Time for a new release?

От
"Inoue, Hiroshi"
Дата:
Hi Jade,

On 2014/10/11 1:20, Jade Koskela wrote:
> Hi guys/gals,
> ,
> Would it be possible to save the debug symbols (pdb) for the new build?
> We are getting lots of crashdumps in for the driver but can't debug it.

OK pdb files would be included together with the dll files.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue