Обсуждение: Communication error while getting a tuple

Communication error while getting a tuple

От
PG User
Дата:
Hi All,
I am connecting to postgres cluster using ODBC postgres driver and I am getting error as

Error fetching next row'

SQLState: 08S01(SQLSTATE_COMMUNICATION_LINK_FAILURE)

What can be possible reason for the same?

I am using the following script to get the tuples:

import pyodbc

cnxn = pyodbc.connect('DRIVER={PostgreSQL UNICODE};SERVER=hostname;DATABASE=testdb;PORT=port;UID=test;PWD=password;UseDeclareFetch=1;Fetch=999;sslmode=prefer')

cursor = cnxn.cursor()
cursor.execute(sql)
ressize=0
while(True):
  rows=cursor.fetchmany(999)

  sz=len(rows)
  ressize=ressize+sz

  if sz == 0:
    break;
  print "read =" + str(ressize)

The result size for a query is huge around 10M rows.

Thanking you.

- pguser

Re: Communication error while getting a tuple

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 1:13 PM, PG User <pguser1982@gmail.com> wrote:
> SQLState: 08S01(SQLSTATE_COMMUNICATION_LINK_FAILURE)
> What can be possible reason for the same?
Probably network problem, even hardware failure:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/40eededa-752a-4445-8fa4-a023df69031f/sqlstate08501-or-communication-link-failure?forum=sqldataaccess

You might even get that on a server facing a high load.
--
Michael

Re: Communication error while getting a tuple

От
PG User
Дата:
Thank you for reply.

I tried many options and found that when I change from sslmode=prefer to sslmode=allow, I did not get any error.

Do you know the reason for the same?

Thanking you.

- Nachiket