Обсуждение: adodb - absolutepage

adodb - absolutepage

От
Bjørn Ivar Katla
Дата:
Hi,

I am implementing PostgreSQL as a replacement for a ms sql server  web application and are using pgsqlodbc (8.4.2) on
mywindows IIS/.ASP against my 8.4 postgreSQL database on an ubuntu server.

Part of this applications is to enable users to search data and only have 20 records displayed on each page.  This is
doneby use of the .absolutepage property of ADODB.Recordset object.   I set pagesize and when I open the recordset -
thers.absolutepage is -1

Here is the parameters I set when opening the recordset.

rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
rs.PageSize = 20
rs.Open sql, sconn,1,3

I am using the OCBD driver right out of the box without any special options.

Are there options to make this work or is this not implemented in the driver?

And since I am uncertain about this: Should I use the 9.x driver when the database is  8.4?

Brgds

Bjørn Ivar Katla
Bitmaker as
Fabrikkgaten 3
5059 Bergen - Norway

Re: adodb - absolutepage

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
(2010/10/28 4:58), Bjørn Ivar Katla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am implementing PostgreSQL as a replacement for a ms sql server  web application and are using pgsqlodbc (8.4.2) on
mywindows IIS/.ASP against my 8.4 postgreSQL database on an ubuntu server.

> Part of this applications is to enable users to search data and only have 20 records displayed on each page.  This is
doneby use of the .absolutepage property of ADODB.Recordset object.   I set pagesize and when I open the recordset -
thers.absolutepage is -1

> Here is the parameters I set when opening the recordset.
>
> rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
> rs.PageSize = 20
> rs.Open sql, sconn,1,3

I see .absolutePage=1 here.

Could you display .CursorType, .LockType or .CursorLocation after
opening the recordset?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: adodb - absolutepage

От
Bjørn Ivar Katla
Дата:
Here are the results.  Pagecount are correct ( pagesize set to 20, records: 28)

rs.absolutepage : -1
rs.pagecount: 2
rs.cursortype: 3
rs.locktype: 3
rs.cusorlocation: 2

regards
Bjørn Ivar Katla

> (2010/10/28 4:58), Bjørn Ivar Katla wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am implementing PostgreSQL as a replacement for a ms sql server  web application and are using pgsqlodbc (8.4.2)
onmy windows IIS/.ASP against my 8.4 postgreSQL database on an ubuntu server.

>> Part of this applications is to enable users to search data and only have 20 records displayed on each page.  This
isdone by use of the .absolutepage property of ADODB.Recordset object.   I set pagesize and when I open the recordset -
thers.absolutepage is -1

>> Here is the parameters I set when opening the recordset.
>>
>> rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
>> rs.PageSize = 20
>> rs.Open sql, sconn,1,3
>
> I see .absolutePage=1 here.
>
> Could you display .CursorType, .LockType or .CursorLocation after
> opening the recordset?
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue

Re: adodb - absolutepage

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
(2010/10/28 21:20), Bjørn Ivar Katla wrote:
> Here are the results.  Pagecount are correct ( pagesize set to 20, records: 28)
>
> rs.absolutepage : -1
> rs.pagecount: 2
> rs.cursortype: 3
> rs.locktype: 3
> rs.cusorlocation: 2

Doesn't rs.CursorLocation=2 mean adUseServer?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

> regards
> Bjørn Ivar Katla
>

>> (2010/10/28 4:58), Bjørn Ivar Katla wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am implementing PostgreSQL as a replacement for a ms sql server  web application and are using pgsqlodbc (8.4.2)
onmy windows IIS/.ASP against my 8.4 postgreSQL database on an ubuntu server.

>>> Part of this applications is to enable users to search data and only have 20 records displayed on each page.  This
isdone by use of the .absolutepage property of ADODB.Recordset object.   I set pagesize and when I open the recordset -
thers.absolutepage is -1

>>> Here is the parameters I set when opening the recordset.
>>>
>>> rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
>>> rs.PageSize = 20
>>> rs.Open sql, sconn,1,3
>>
>> I see .absolutePage=1 here.
>>
>> Could you display .CursorType, .LockType or .CursorLocation after
>> opening the recordset?
>>
>> regards,
>> Hiroshi Inoue

Re: adodb - absolutepage

От
Bjørn Ivar Katla
Дата:
You are absolutely  right   -  the declarations of the file containing adUseClient was missing in my code and vbscript
isvery tolerant of declarations anywhere in the code...

I have tried with a 3 now  (adUseClient) and it works as it should.   Great - that means that I can continue with my
moveform MS SQL server to Linux/PostgreSQL.

regards and sorry for wasting your time with my own  shortcomings...

Bjørn Ivar Katla