Обсуждение: Driver manager detection in 08.02.0400 is broken

Driver manager detection in 08.02.0400 is broken

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
The detection of the driver manager in 08.02.0400 (unixODBC vs iODBC) doesn't
work at all.  No matter what you say as option, it always picks unixODBC.
Apparently, somebody didn't understand what the AC_ARG_WITH macros do.
That's why we had used PGAC_ARG_* before.  What was the point of that change
anyway?  Somebody has been creating a big mess in configure.ac without much
explanation.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Driver manager detection in 08.02.0400 is broken

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
> The detection of the driver manager in 08.02.0400 (unixODBC vs iODBC) doesn't
> work at all.  No matter what you say as option, it always picks unixODBC.
> Apparently, somebody didn't understand what the AC_ARG_WITH macros do.
> That's why we had used PGAC_ARG_* before.  What was the point of that change
> anyway?  Somebody has been creating a big mess in configure.ac without much
> explanation.

Eh? , I use iODBC on FreeBSD. I have the positive proof of the test that uses it.
How does it make trouble?

P.S)
I had propriety and confirmed it to you first. However, I think your opinion and
correction to be a surprise attack. .....

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: Driver manager detection in 08.02.0400 is broken

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2007 13:37 schrieb Hiroshi Saito:
> Eh? , I use iODBC on FreeBSD. I have the positive proof of the test that
> uses it. How does it make trouble?

I said --without-unixodbc and it still turned it on.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Driver manager detection in 08.02.0400 is broken

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
> Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2007 13:37 schrieb Hiroshi Saito:
>> Eh? , I use iODBC on FreeBSD. I have the positive proof of the test that
>> uses it. How does it make trouble?
>
> I said --without-unixodbc and it still turned it on.

Ahhh, I understood.

I use this.
configure --enable-unicode --with-iodbc --with-odbcver=0x0300 --enable-pthreads

It is necessary to adjust it. or write the document.

Thanks!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: Driver manager detection in 08.02.0400 is broken

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2007 13:37 schrieb Hiroshi Saito:
> Eh? , I use iODBC on FreeBSD. I have the positive proof of the test that
> uses it. How does it make trouble?

It seems it does end up working; just the selection logic is faulty in some
cases.  I'm working on a fix.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Driver manager detection in 08.02.0400 is broken

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2007 13:58 schrieb Hiroshi Saito:
> > Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2007 13:37 schrieb Hiroshi Saito:
> >> Eh? , I use iODBC on FreeBSD. I have the positive proof of the test that
> >> uses it. How does it make trouble?
> >
> > I said --without-unixodbc and it still turned it on.
>
> Ahhh, I understood.
>
> I use this.
> configure --enable-unicode --with-iodbc --with-odbcver=0x0300
> --enable-pthreads
>
> It is necessary to adjust it. or write the document.

I've cleaned up the configure.ac file so that the --without- and --disable-
options actually mean "turn off".  I'm not really familiar with the changed
driver manager detection logic yet, but at least it should have less
surprises now.

From: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e@gmx.net>

>> > I said --without-unixodbc and it still turned it on.
>>
>> Ahhh, I understood.
>>
>> I use this.
>> configure --enable-unicode --with-iodbc --with-odbcver=0x0300
>> --enable-pthreads
>>
>> It is necessary to adjust it. or write the document.
>
> I've cleaned up the configure.ac file so that the --without- and --disable-
> options actually mean "turn off".  I'm not really familiar with the changed
> driver manager detection logic yet, but at least it should have less
> surprises now.

Umm, Problem of my autoconf?

Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
configure.ac:64: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in config ./config

inet% autoconf -V
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: Driver manager detection in 08.02.0400 is broken

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2007 15:19 schrieb Hiroshi Saito:
> Umm, Problem of my autoconf?
>
> Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
> configure.ac:64: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in config ./config

Try running

autoreconf -i

The order in which you run the autotools and the options you pass can be
pretty complicated, and I could reproduce your problem by running them
manually, but the above should work and run all the necessary tools.

From: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e@gmx.net>

> Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2007 15:19 schrieb Hiroshi Saito:
>> Umm, Problem of my autoconf?
>>
>> Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
>> configure.ac:64: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
>>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>>       See the Autoconf documentation.
>> configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in config ./config
>
> Try running
>
> autoreconf -i
>
> The order in which you run the autotools and the options you pass can be
> pretty complicated, and I could reproduce your problem by running them
> manually, but the above should work and run all the necessary tools.

cvs HEAD  passed all. Thanks.!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito