Обсуждение: ODBC and Boolean

ODBC and Boolean

От
Grahame Jordan
Дата:
Hi,

I am using postgres8.1 on a Debian etch machine and am trying to port an
access database to postgres.  I have installed the latest ODBC driver on
WinXP (psqlodbc-08_02_0200.zip) and most things work OK.

The most problematic are the checkboxes.  At first they work OK but after a
while when setting a checkbox we get an error that seems to keep on
happening.

"The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try
inserting or pasting less data"

Once it gets in this state it seems to stick. Even tried rebooting.
I believe that the query is not getting past the ODBC driver as I can see no
activity on the back end.

Any help appreciated.

--
Grahame Jordan
Glass Expansion

Re: ODBC and Boolean

От
Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
> I am using postgres8.1 on a Debian etch machine and am trying to port an
> access database to postgres.  I have installed the latest ODBC driver on
> WinXP (psqlodbc-08_02_0200.zip) and most things work OK.
>
> The most problematic are the checkboxes.  At first they work OK but after a
> while when setting a checkbox we get an error that seems to keep on
> happening.
>
> "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try
> inserting or pasting less data"
>
> Once it gets in this state it seems to stick. Even tried rebooting.
> I believe that the query is not getting past the ODBC driver as I can see no
> activity on the back end.

I used the recommendation from this link and ever since I have not had any problems linking
boolean fields to checkboxes.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2006-09/msg00103.php

When I read threads like this, it makes me wish I know postgresql a whole lot better. :)

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: ODBC and Boolean

От
Grahame Jordan
Дата:
Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
>> I am using postgres8.1 on a Debian etch machine and am trying to port an
>> access database to postgres.  I have installed the latest ODBC driver on
>> WinXP (psqlodbc-08_02_0200.zip) and most things work OK.
>>
>> The most problematic are the checkboxes.  At first they work OK but after a
>> while when setting a checkbox we get an error that seems to keep on
>> happening.
>>
>> "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try
>> inserting or pasting less data"
>>
>> Once it gets in this state it seems to stick. Even tried rebooting.
>> I believe that the query is not getting past the ODBC driver as I can see no
>> activity on the back end.
>>

> I used the recommendation from this link and ever since I have not had any problems linking
> boolean fields to checkboxes.
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2006-09/msg00103.php
>
> When I read threads like this, it makes me wish I know postgresql a whole lot better. :)
>
> Regards,
> Richard Broersma Jr.

Thanks for that. The problem was that we didn't refresh the tables.  All
well now.

Cheers

Grahame