Обсуждение: Needl help on psql-odbc setup

Needl help on psql-odbc setup

От
"Fatima M.Farag"
Дата:
Hi,

I am new to using postgresql under linux.
Can anybody tell me where can i get an postgresql odbc driver for linux.
It is mentioned in the postgresql documentation that pqsql odbc driver and
a driver manager need to be installed..
i have the iodbc driver installed, but where can i get the linux pgsql
odbc from?? Isn't the pgsql odbc version found in
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000125&release_id=546

for windows only????

PLz help...

Re: Needl help on psql-odbc setup

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Fatima M.Farag wrote:
> Can anybody tell me where can i get an postgresql odbc driver for
> linux.

Quite likely, a binary package is already included in your distribution.
Otherwise, get the source download and compile it yourself.

--
Peter Eisentraut

psql-odbc setup

От
"Fatima M.Farag"
Дата:
Hi,

I already installed postgresql under linux without using the --with-odbc
command.
I have downloaded the source of the postgres odbc driver from the
following link,
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/

However, i get exited during compilation in the following way:

----------------------
..
..
checking for long long... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for pg_config... no
configure: error: pg_config not found
[ffarag@adb ~/psqlodbc-08.01.0200]$
-----------------------
This "pg_config" file is supposed to be located under the "bin" folder in
the installed postgresql main distribution.
I dont know where to proceed from...i dont know where am i supposed to
direct my installation of the odbc driver.

I am new to linux as well as postgresql.

So, could you please help..

Fatima

Re: psql-odbc setup

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Fatima M.Farag wrote:
> checking for pg_config... no
> configure: error: pg_config not found
> [ffarag@adb ~/psqlodbc-08.01.0200]$
> This "pg_config" file is supposed to be located under the "bin"
> folder in the installed postgresql main distribution.

Try setting the PATH to include that directory, or set the PG_CONFIG
environment variable to the full path of pg_config.

--
Peter Eisentraut