Обсуждение: ODBCng looking for testers

ODBCng looking for testers

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Hello,

As some of you may know Command Prompt has been working on a clean room
implementation
of an ODBC driver for PostgreSQL. We call it ODBCng and it is 100% FOSS.

We are not trying to replace the current ODBC driver but we do things a
little differently which
may benefit certain ODBC users. Primarily we are protocol based, not
libpq based and we are
written from scratch with a goal of 3.51 compliance from the outset.

We are currently looking for avid testers of the Win32 release and would
greatly appreciate any
feedback that the  community can provide.

The website is here:
http://projects.commandprompt.com/projects/public/odbcng

Any bugs you encounter we would appreciate it if you would file tickets.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: ODBCng looking for testers

Дата:
> We are not trying to replace the current ODBC driver but we do things
> a little differently which may benefit certain ODBC users. Primarily
> we are protocol based, not libpq based ...

Why are you repeating the mistake that the existing ODBC driver made?

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> writes:
>

>>We are not trying to replace the current ODBC driver but we do things
>>a little differently which may benefit certain ODBC users. Primarily
>>we are protocol based, not libpq based ...
>>

>Why are you repeating the mistake that the existing ODBC driver made?

I don't know that it is a mistake. It works very well in testing
for us. When we were in discussions last summer it was deemed
that was a more favorable direction. Although it will add some
maintenance issues as the protocol changes.

Joshua D. Drake