Обсуждение: Output parameter isn't available ???

Output parameter isn't available ???

От
zhaoxin
Дата:
Hi,

I have a question with Output parameter . I try to use Output parameter
with psqlodbc-8.01.01.02 which is intalled by intaller of
postgresql-8.1.1 , but it return a error : SqlState = HYC00 ,errorMsg =
"Output parameter isn't available" .

Output parameter isn't available in psqlodbc driver ,or I have made some
 mistake ?

Regards, Zhao.

Re: Output parameter isn't available ???

От
Ludek Finstrle
Дата:
> Output parameter isn't available in psqlodbc driver ,or I have made some
>  mistake ?

Output parameter isn't supported by psqlODBC yet.

Regards,

Luf

Re: Output parameter isn't available ???

От
zhaoxin
Дата:
I see , thanks.
Output parameter will be supported in the future version ?
is it in the To-do list ?

By the way , where can I get a detailed document about psqlodbc ,
I want to know the difference , example savePoint,autocommit, Output
parameter and so on . thanks.

Regards, zhao

Ludek Finstrle wrote:
>>Output parameter isn't available in psqlodbc driver ,or I have made some
>> mistake ?
>

> Output parameter isn't supported by psqlODBC yet.
>
> Regards,
>
> Luf

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

VBA, WIN ODBC system error: setup routine error 182, translator

От
linuxgps
Дата:
Playing (?) further with M$ ODBC issues I wanted to add a new odbc data
source to my system, but...
Mr. Microsoft ODBC Administrator reported me:

"The setup routines for the PostgreSQL ANSI ODBC driver could not be
loaded due to system error code 182"

Driver's config DSN, ConfigDriver, or ConfigTranslator failed
"Could not load the setup or translator library"

Now what to do ????????

Re: Output parameter isn't available ???

От
Ludek Finstrle
Дата:
> I see , thanks.
> Output parameter will be supported in the future version ?
> is it in the To-do list ?

There are a lot of features on todo list. There is few developers with
few time. Feel free to join us and help.

> By the way , where can I get a detailed document about psqlodbc ,
> I want to know the difference , example savePoint,autocommit, Output
> parameter and so on . thanks.

I'm afraid you can only ask here. I don't know about detailed
documentation. We don't have enough time to develop so documentation
is the last problem for us :-(

What do you want know about these examples?
savePoint: You can use it in autocommit off mode. I see no support for
           it in ODBC API so I don't know if there could be better
           support for it in psqlODBC
autocommit: on  - you don't care on commit/rollback, the driver makes
                  it automatically after each statement you could
                  use here manual transaction - this has same behaviour
                  as autocommit off ( I hope :-) )
            off - you have to call BEGIN, COMMIT/ROLLBACK, ....
                  you can use here the savePoints
output param: isn't supported yet

Regards,

Luf