Обсуждение: Problems with newer linux odbc drivers

Problems with newer linux odbc drivers

От
Chris Hoover
Дата:
I'm having some interesting problems with the newer (v 8 and v8.1) odbc drivers.  They compile fine on my RedHat 4 AS box.  However, when I try to have some third party applications link against them, they complain about:

/usr/local/lib/psqlodbc.so: undefined reference to `SQLWritePrivateProfileString'
/usr/local/lib/psqlodbc.so: undefined reference to `SQLGetPrivateProfileString'

However, if I drop down to the version 7 odbc driver, everything links fine.  Any idea on why I am getting the undefined references?

I have tried this with the following version:

psqlodbc-07.03.200 - complies and linkable

psqlodbc-08.00.0102 - complies but not linkable with above mentioned problem

psqlodbc-08.01.0101 - complies but not linkable with above mentioned problem

We would really like to use the newer odbc drivers as we are at the start of a large project of upgrading to PostgreSQL 8.1 and upgrading our third party software.

Thanks for any ideas/advice.

Chris

Re: Problems with newer linux odbc drivers

От
tomas@nocrew.org (Tomas Skäre)
Дата:
Chris Hoover <revoohc@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm having some interesting problems with the newer (v 8 and v8.1) odbc
> drivers. They compile fine on my RedHat 4 AS box. However, when I try to
> have some third party applications link against them, they complain about:

It sounds like you have misunderstood how to use ODBC drivers. Your
application shouldn't be linked with the psqlodbc driver directly. It
should be linked with an ODBC library (like iodbc or unixodbc), and
that library will use the database specific drivers (like psqlodbc for
PostgreSQL) specified in the odbc ini files.

I hope that helps you.

Greetings,

Tomas