Обсуждение: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
"Scot Loach"
Дата:
I'm not sure whether the old driver or the new one is correct.

When executing an UPDATE query with a WHERE clause, if the WHERE clause does not match any rows, the old driver returns
SQL_NO_DATA. The new driver returns SQL_SUCCESS.

Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
"Anoop Kumar"
Дата:
Hi Scot,

Can you provide the following details?
    1. The psqlodbc (socket) version you used
    2. PostgreSQL version
    3. OS

Regards

Anoop

broadcast)---------------------------
>        match

Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
"Scot Loach"
Дата:
OS is FreeBSD 5.4, but I really don't think this matters.
PostgreSQL 7.4.6
old psqlodbc is version 07.03.0200, but it has various updates applied to it.
new psqlodbc is the latest from CVS as of about a week ago.

broadcast)---------------------------
>        match

Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
"Scot Loach"
Дата:
Another difference is the "state" that is returned from SQLGetDiagRec when a connection is lost during a query.  This
usedto return 08S01.  It now returns HY000.  From the documentation it would appear that 08S01 is the correct return
codein this case.  I'm guessing the error codes are not implemented in the libpq version of the driver yet.

Also, SQLGetConnectAttr with SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_DEAD doesn't seem to work anymore.

broadcast)---------------------------
>        match

Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
Marko Ristola
Дата:
Please check, but ODBC 3 should return SQL_NO_DATA, when
no data has been updated.

ODBC 2 should return SQL_SUCCESS wether any rows were updated, or not.

So it depends on the ODBC standard, that the client program chooses.

Marko Ristola

Scot Loach wrote:

>I'm not sure whether the old driver or the new one is correct.
>
>When executing an UPDATE query with a WHERE clause, if the WHERE clause does not match any rows, the old driver
returnsSQL_NO_DATA.  The new driver returns SQL_SUCCESS.

>TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
>       match

Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
"Scot Loach"
Дата:
Thanks for the clarification, Marko.
I use ODBC 3.0, so it would seem that this is a bug.

scot.

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
"Anoop Kumar"
Дата:
Hi,

I have committed the patch for returning SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND instead of
SQL_SUCCESS when no rows got affected in UPDATE/DELETE. You may check it
out from the CVS.

Regards

Anoop

broadcast)---------------------------

broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
"Dave Page"

Ahh, one less item on my todo :-)

Do you intend to fix the state code problem and dead connection
detection issues reported by Scot as well?

<sob story>it would really help me if you could as I've got a bunch of
other stuff to do :-( </sob story>

:-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
"Anoop Kumar"
Дата:
Hi Dave,

OK, I shall look into the state code problem and dead connection
detection issues. :-)

Regards

Anoop

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
Hi Dave,

OK, I shall look into the state code problem and dead connection
detection issues. :-)

Regards

Anoop

Zoltan Boszormenyi
Дата:
Hi,

Anoop Kumar írta:
> Hi Dave,
>
> OK, I shall look into the state code problem and dead connection
> detection issues. :-)
>
> Regards
>
> Anoop

is there any chance, guys, that you can make SQLCancel() work
any time soon?

Thanks,
Zoltán Böszörményi

Дата:
Hi All,

Here is a patch for the following bug pointed out by Scot.

"SQLGetConnectAttr with SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_DEAD doesn't seem to work
anymore."

I request you to review this patch.

Regards

Anoop

Вложения

Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
"Dave Page"
> Here is a patch for the following bug pointed out by Scot.
>
> "SQLGetConnectAttr with SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_DEAD doesn't seem to work
> anymore."
>
> I request you to review this patch.

Looks good to me.

You'll apply it?

Regards, Dave

Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver

От
"Anoop Kumar"
Дата:
Hi Dave,

The patch is applied.

Regards

Anoop

Дата:
Thanks Anoop.

/D

Дата:
Thanks guys, I've verified that this works.

Any update on getting the sql error codes fixed?