Обсуждение: Snapshots

Snapshots

От
Rodrigo Carvalhaes
Дата:
Hi !

I tried to use with my application (developed in C++) the three
avaliable snapshots but no one worked... I tried because the last stable
version of the odbc driver have one bug concerning text fields.

There are so much changes? It shouldn't work or it's really unstable?

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Re: Snapshots

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Rodrigo Carvalhaes wrote:
> I tried to use with my application (developed in C++) the three
> avaliable snapshots but no one worked... I tried because the last
> stable version of the odbc driver have one bug concerning text
> fields.
>
> There are so much changes? It shouldn't work or it's really unstable?

We might be able to answer that if you told us what exact problem you
are having.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Snapshots

От
Rodrigo Carvalhaes
Дата:
eter Eisentraut wrote:

>Rodrigo Carvalhaes wrote:
>

>>I tried to use with my application (developed in C++) the three
>>avaliable snapshots but no one worked... I tried because the last
>>stable version of the odbc driver have one bug concerning text
>>fields.
>>
>>There are so much changes? It shouldn't work or it's really unstable?
>>

>We might be able to answer that if you told us what exact problem you
>are having.

Hi Peter!

Thanks for your promplty answer (and congratulations for your job!!!)
I am using ODBC with a commercial application (ERP software developed in
c++). It's strange what is happening .

Environment:
Conectiva Linux version 10
kernel 2.6.9
PostgreSQL 7.4.6 (compiled from the sources)

My steps:
1. Compiled unixodbc 2.2.10 from the sources without gui (as my server
don't have X)
2. Compiled psqlodbc_07.03.0200 from the source with the configure option:

/configure --prefix=/usr/local/psqlodbc_07.03.0200/ --with-unixodbc
-–with-odbcinst=/usr/local/etc/

3. Configured the odbc files as follow:

root@carbono/usr/local/etc> cat odbcinst.ini

[PostgreSQL]

Description = PostgreSQL driver for Linux & Win32

Trace = Yes

TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log

Driver = /usr/local/psqlodbc_07.03.0200/lib/psqlodbc.so

Setup = /usr/local/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so

UsageCount = 2

CommLog = 1

root@carbono/usr/local/etc> cat odbc.ini

[dadosadv]

Description = Microsiga

Driver = PostgreSQL

Trace = Yes

TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log

Database = dadosadv

Servername = localhost

UserName = postgres

Password =

Port = 5432

Protocol = 6.4

ReadOnly = No

RowVersioning = No

ShowSystemTables = No

ShowOidColumn = No

FakeOidIndex = No

ConnSettings =

root@carbono/usr/local/etc> cat /root/.odbc.ini

[dadosadv]

Description = Microsiga

Driver = PostgreSQL

Trace = Yes

TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log

Database = dadosadv

Servername = localhost

UserName = postgres

Password =

Port = 5432

Protocol = 6.4

ReadOnly = No

RowVersioning = No

ShowSystemTables = No

ShowOidColumn = No

FakeOidIndex = No

ConnSettings =

4. I had the symbolik link below ( I don't know why!!!) to the
application recocnize the ODBC:
ln -s /usr/local/psqlodbc_07.03.0200/lib/libpsqlodbc.so ->
/usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so

After this, everything was fine, working without problems. When I made
the same steps with any of the versions on the snapshot (3 avaliable)
the application don't recocnize the ODBC and I don't get any log, I only
receive error messages on the application "no connection".

Any idea? How can I "debug" what is happening? I don't have too much
experience with ODBC...

My problem in use the version 07.03.0200 it's that I am always having
problems with the type "text" and my pg log is always receiving error
messages ERROR: unrecognized configuration parameter "ksqo" due the
statements sent by the ODBC " set ksqo to on"

Cheers,

Rodrigo Carvalhaes