Обсуждение: SQLExecute fails question

SQLExecute fails question

От
"Joost Kraaijeveld"
Дата:
Hi all,

When I get this error message from a SQLExecute():

[2152] SQLSTATE = HY000
[2152] Native rc Code = 7
[2152] Message: ERROR:  value too long for type character(20)

does that mean that one of my columns as that is defined as char(20) receives more data than 20 chars or does that mean
thatcolumn 20 receives to many chars?

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: SQLExecute fails question

От
"Dave Page"

The first. The data is too long for char(20).

Regards, Dave

Re: SQLExecute fails question

От
tomas@nocrew.org (Tomas Skäre)
Дата:
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:

> > [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Joost
> > Kraaijeveld
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When I get this error message from a SQLExecute():
> >
> > [2152] SQLSTATE = HY000
> > [2152] Native rc Code = 7
> > [2152] Message: ERROR:  value too long for type character(20)
> >
> > does that mean that one of my columns as that is defined as
> > char(20) receives more data than 20 chars or does that mean
> > that column 20 receives to many chars?
>
> The first. The data is too long for char(20).

It would be very helpful sometimes to know what column that
failed. But maybe that's really a PostgreSQL issue, and not the ODBC
driver?

Greetings,

Tomas

Re: SQLExecute fails question