Обсуждение: Access - ODBC - serial problem...

Access - ODBC - serial problem...

От
"Philippe Lang"
Дата:
Hello,

I have made some more tests regarding my precedent post "[ODBC] Access - ODBC - index strange bug", and in fact it is
notindex-related. The bug is just more visible when an index is used, apparently.

The problem comes from the serial identifier, which is not know from the client at the time the record is being
inserted.

With the table described below, imagine I do, from the client:

insert into test (code) VALUES (20);

How does the client know the id that has been given to the record? With ethereal, I could see Access fetches the id by
doinga

select id from test where code = 20"

Of course, another record has the same code, and the wrong id is being fetched back. This explains what I have noticed,
andthat is explained below...

Is there a solution to that, except inserting records with PL-PGSQL, which I already do in some cases, by the way...?

Is that an Access-related problem? Does it work with SQL Server?

Thanks for your feedback...

Philippe