Обсуждение: libodbc programming tutorial

libodbc programming tutorial

От
GrahamWilsonCA@yahoo.ca (Graham)
Дата:
Greetings all,

I am looking for tutorial that describes the C-API (and gives a
tutorial?) for the libobdc functions provided in mac os x.  For what
it is worth, I am using postgresql and I'm very familiar with the
libpq interface.  An hour or so of googling for anything to do with
ODBC has resulted in a pletora of useless windows, MS Access and Excel
links...

Thanks,
Graham

Re: libodbc programming tutorial

От
Benjamin Riefenstahl
Дата:
Hi Graham,

GrahamWilsonCA@yahoo.ca (Graham) writes:
> An hour or so of googling for anything to do with ODBC has resulted
> in a pletora of useless windows, MS Access and Excel links...

Yes, I bet that most ODBC introductions are for Windows.  Just pick a
tutorial in straight C and ignore the Windows specific code, if there
is any.  It's probably not 100% identical, but the basic stuff and the
principles are the same.  It is not too difficult to write portable
ODBC code.

There are books too, of course.  Sorry, I can't quickly locate the one
that I used for learning this some years ago.

benny