Обсуждение: Access 97 and pgsqlodbc version 7.03.0100

Access 97 and pgsqlodbc version 7.03.0100

От
"Ben Trewern"
Дата:
There are two separate problems I am having -

1.  You can connect any table in Access 97 and use it in that session but if
you close the database (mdb file) and open it again you get a GPF on opening
the table.

It seems to happen with which ever table I open.  I think it must be a
problem with the ODBC 3 driver because I didn't have this problem before
upgrading.

2.  This problem is more interesting:

I have a table similar to :

CREATE TABLE public.subs (
    subcontractorid varchar(10),
    "payment number blue" int2,
    description text
);

I link it into Access 97 and open the table.  It opens correctly, but after
approx 8 seconds all the data turns to #Name? .  I've looked at the
mylog_xxx.log file and have found the following:

[3704]send_query(): conn=42153888, query='SELECT "subcontractorid","payment
'#S_C_H#' blue","description1","xmin"  FROM "public"."subs2"  WHERE
"subcontractorid" = 'ARB' OR "subcontractorid" = 'ARCMOR' OR
"subcontractorid" = 'ARROW' OR "subcontractorid" = 'ASBESTEC' OR
"subcontractorid" = 'ASH' OR "subcontractorid" = 'ashbrook' OR
"subcontractorid" = 'ASHCROFT' OR "subcontractorid" = 'ASPHALTIC' OR
"subcontractorid" = 'ASSOCIATED' OR "subcontractorid" = 'ATLAS''

as you can see "payment number blue" has been replaced by "payment '#S_C_H#'
blue"  I assumed from this that the word 'number' was the problem so renamed
the field "pay no blue" but I still get the problem.

Any Ideas?

BTW I am using Postgres 7.3.2 on Mandrake linux 8.1, Windows XP sp1, Access
97 sr2

Regards,

Ben

Surf together with new Shared Browsing
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/browse&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=74&DI=1059

Re: Access 97 and pgsqlodbc version 7.03.0100

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
Please remove spaces from the column name.

Ben Trewern wrote:

> There are two separate problems I am having -
>
> 1.  You can connect any table in Access 97 and use it in that session but if
> you close the database (mdb file) and open it again you get a GPF on opening
> the table.
>
> It seems to happen with which ever table I open.  I think it must be a
> problem with the ODBC 3 driver because I didn't have this problem before
> upgrading.
>
> 2.  This problem is more interesting:
>
> I have a table similar to :
>
> CREATE TABLE public.subs (
>     subcontractorid varchar(10),
>     "payment number blue" int2,
>     description text
> );
>
> I link it into Access 97 and open the table.  It opens correctly, but after
> approx 8 seconds all the data turns to #Name? .  I've looked at the
> mylog_xxx.log file and have found the following:
>
> [3704]send_query(): conn=42153888, query='SELECT "subcontractorid","payment
> '#S_C_H#' blue","description1","xmin"  FROM "public"."subs2"  WHERE
> "subcontractorid" = 'ARB' OR "subcontractorid" = 'ARCMOR' OR
> "subcontractorid" = 'ARROW' OR "subcontractorid" = 'ASBESTEC' OR
> "subcontractorid" = 'ASH' OR "subcontractorid" = 'ashbrook' OR
> "subcontractorid" = 'ASHCROFT' OR "subcontractorid" = 'ASPHALTIC' OR
> "subcontractorid" = 'ASSOCIATED' OR "subcontractorid" = 'ATLAS''
>
> as you can see "payment number blue" has been replaced by "payment '#S_C_H#'
> blue"  I assumed from this that the word 'number' was the problem so renamed
> the field "pay no blue" but I still get the problem.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> BTW I am using Postgres 7.3.2 on Mandrake linux 8.1, Windows XP sp1, Access
> 97 sr2

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/