Обсуждение: Time for an 07.03.0001 Release?

Time for an 07.03.0001 Release?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi Hiroshi,

I'm directing more and more people to your snapshot driver at the
moment, so it seems like it might be a good idea to do a release.

Is there anything that needs committing or fixing first, or any other
reason not to do a release?

As dicussed previously, this release would deprecate the ODBC2.5 driver
and leave us with the ODBC3 and the Unicode drivers.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Time for an 07.03.0001 Release?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Having had no responses to this message, I'm going to go ahead with a
release as we need to get a version out that works with Redhat 9 if
nothing else :-)

Regards, Dave.

Hiroshi Inoue
Dave Page wrote:

> Having had no responses to this message, I'm going to go ahead with a
> release as we need to get a version out that works with Redhat 9 if
> nothing else :-)

Sorry for the late response.

I've committed some changes recently and upgraded the version
number to 7.3.0002 for the snapshot.
The next release may be 7.03.0100. I'd like to use the last 2
digits(?) of version number for the snapshot versioning.
Anyway please try the DSN setup menu of the snapshot. It has a
Manage(DSN) button to display a dialog to change the driver of
a DSN.
If the snapshot has no problem, I would change .reg and
.mak files to generate the following 3 drivers,

  PostgreSQL             [psqlodbc.dll] − ODBC3.0
 PostgreSQL Legacy        [psqlodbc25.dll]
 PostgreSQL Unicode (Beta)     [psqlodbc30w.dll]

Note that the setup program would be psqlodbc.dll common
to all the drivers to ensure the existence of the setup
DLL.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Time for an 07.03.0001 Release?

От
"Dave Page"

OK, that's all implemented, committed, tagged, rolled and uploaded to ftp.postgresql.org. Can you take a quick look and
makesure it looks OK to you please, then if so, if you can provide me with a list of the major changes that have been
madeI'll announce it properly.

Thanks, Dave.

Re: Time for an 07.03.0001 Release?

От
"Hiroshi Inoue"
> > > Having had no responses to this message, I'm going to go
> > ahead with a
> > >release as we need to get a version out that works with Redhat 9 if
> > > nothing else :-)
> >
> > Sorry for the late response.
> >
> > I've committed some changes recently and upgraded the version
> > number to 7.3.0002 for the snapshot. The next release may be
> > 7.03.0100. I'd like to use the last 2
> > digits(?) of version number for the snapshot versioning.
> > Anyway please try the DSN setup menu of the snapshot. It has a
> > Manage(DSN) button to display a dialog to change the driver
> > of a DSN. If the snapshot has no problem, I would change .reg
> > and .mak files to generate the following 3 drivers,
> >
> >   PostgreSQL             [psqlodbc.dll] − ODBC3.0
> >  PostgreSQL Legacy        [psqlodbc25.dll]
> >  PostgreSQL Unicode (Beta)     [psqlodbc30w.dll]
> >
> > Note that the setup program would be psqlodbc.dll common
> > to all the drivers to ensure the existence of the setup
> > DLL.
>
> OK, that's all implemented, committed, tagged, rolled and
> uploaded to ftp.postgresql.org. Can you take a quick look and
> make sure it looks OK to you please,

There were inconsistency .def and .mak files and I've just
changed the .def files. I also renamed .def and .mak files
so that psqlodbc_win32.def and win32.mak generate ODBC
3.0 dvivers.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Time for an 07.03.0001 Release?

От
"Dave Page"

So what generates the 2.5 driver now? I'd left it such that:

win32.mak    psqlodbc25.dll    PostgreSQL Legacy
win32_30.mak    psqlodbc.dll    PostgreSQL
win32_30w.mak    psqlodbc30w.dll    PostgreSQL Unicode (Beta)

Regards, Dave.

Re: Time for an 07.03.0001 Release?

От
"Dave Page"

Sorry, forget that - I see.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Time for an 07.03.0001 Release?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Quoting Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp>:

> [...]

OK, that's fixed and re-uploaded. Does it look OK now?

Regards, Dave.