Обсуждение: Stored Procedures

Stored Procedures

От
fabrice
Hi:)

I'm looking for a piece of code that could show me how to call a stored
procedure with parameters from Access95 (VB).

It seems nothing exists in the deep www :(

f.

Re: Stored Procedures

От
Jeff Eckermann
Дата:
--- fabrice <regnier.fabrice@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi:)
>
> I'm looking for a piece of code that could show me
> how to call a stored
> procedure with parameters from Access95 (VB).
>
> It seems nothing exists in the deep www :(

I assume you mean, with parameters known only at
runtime...

You will need to do a passthrough query, and construct
the query on the fly.  (searches through vague
memories ...) Using DAO: create a querydef, set the
"connect" property (look in the help file to get the
construction), set the "sql" property to be your
dynamically constructed query string.  If you are not
returning any records (i.e. doing inserts, updates or
whatever), then set the "returnsrecords" property to
false.

I haven't done this for a while, so my memory is a
little vague, but that should give you an idea.

http://search.yahoo.com

Re: Stored Procedures

От
fabrice
Hi and thanx :)

Here is what i've done :

Dim dbs As DATABASE, qdf As QueryDef
Set dbs = CurrentDb
dbs.Connect = "odbc;dsn=PostGreSQL;uid=fabrice;pwd=fabrice;database=db1;"
dbs.Execute "select p4();", dbSQLPassThrough

And it worked. p4() is a stored procedure wich returns an integer but,
right now, i don't care about the result.

Next step is to pick up the results from the stored procedure.

f.