Обсуждение: Very large queries with ODBC

Very large queries with ODBC

От
markw
Дата:
I am trying to execute a query that will return 8 million rows. The next
query I will need will return 45 million rows.
I have useDeclareFetch enabled.

I've traced into the ODBC code, and it seems like previous rows are
never discarded. This makes large queries, i.e. ones where you will be
doing bulk processing for OLAP, impossible.

Is this a known bug? (Is it a bug at all or a feature of ODBC?)
Are there, or would there be, plans to correct it?
If so, what is the strategy?

Re: Very large queries with ODBC

От
"Hiroshi Inoue"
Дата:

Is it true ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Very large queries with ODBC

От
markw
Дата:
That's MUCH better.

One suggestion, and maybe I did configure it correctly, but I had to
ODBCINSTDIR to an include file. Using --with-odbcinst=/usr/etc didn't
seem to work.

How much communication do you guys have with the unixODBC people? It
would be cool if there were some way to pick up their settings at either
runtime or comple time.

markw wrote:

> That's MUCH better.
>
> One suggestion, and maybe I did configure it correctly, but I had to
> ODBCINSTDIR to an include file. Using --with-odbcinst=/usr/etc didn't
> seem to work.

As far as I know --with-odbcinst has no meaing if
--with-unixodbc or --with-iodbc is specified.
If you are looking for the option to specify the
place where sql include files or odbcinst library
exist, there's no such option currently.
Unfortunately I'm not good at autoconf/automake/libtool
issue.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/