Обсуждение: Using ODBC with VB.NET

Using ODBC with VB.NET

От
"Mike Miller"
Дата:
Hello All,

Has anyone had experience with postgresql ODBC and VB.NET using the .NET
ODBC provider?

Does the above combination work? - I'd like to use it in a production system
if it is stable.
I know Hiroshi Inoue does a lot of work in this area.  Thank you, I've
really appreciated your help in the past, Hiroshi.

Mike Miller
Computer Programmer/Analyst
Department of Pyschology
University Of Otago
Dunedin
New Zealand
mike@psy.otago.ac.nz
+64 3 479 5402

Re: Using ODBC with VB.NET

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Haven't tried VB, but C# works well with the .Net provider. There is an
example on http://odbc.postgresql.org that should be easy to port.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Using ODBC with VB.NET

От
"Mike Miller"
Дата:
Thanks Dave,

I think I'll have a go at using VB.NET and postgres ODBC.  I'll post my
progress.  I might end up making a HOWTO if that would be of use to anyone.

Regards,

Mike.

"Gerrit Kilian"
Дата:
Hello Mike

I would appreciate it if you post your progress. I recently migrated to
Visual Basic.net and am also in the process to look at connecting to
Postgresql.

Regards
Gerrit

I think I'll have a go at using VB.NET and postgres ODBC.  I'll post my
progress.  I might end up making a HOWTO if that would be of use to
anyone.

Regards,

Mike.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Using ODBC with VB.NET

От
"Dave Page"

Please do. If you can send it to me when your done I can add it to the
website.

Regards, Dave.