Обсуждение: ODBC error - Password authentication

ODBC error - Password authentication

От
babafemi.osoba@bt.com
Дата:
Hi,

couldyou  kindly help me out. I have the PostgreSQL ODBC driver installed,
however I can't seem to connect to my PostgreSQL database when I set the the
authentication method to md5 in my pg_hba.conf file. I get a password
authentication error. However when I change the authentication to password I
do not a password authentication error. Any idea what the problem is ??

thanks
Femi

BT Group
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England and Wales no. 419081
This electronic message contains information from BT Group plc which may be
privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of
the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the
numbers or address above) immediately.

Re: ODBC error - Password authentication

От
"Dave Page"

What version of the driver do you have installed?

Regards, Dave.

Re: ODBC error - Password authentication

От
"Dave Page"

Hmm, that's new enough.

Do you have any other entries in pg_hba.conf that may be confusing
matters?

Regards, Dave.