Обсуждение: Current ODBC driver fails on Win2K

Current ODBC driver fails on Win2K

От
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Дата:
Hi all,

I had problems yesterday trying to run the ODBC driver on Windows
2000 - it installed OK, but my app (written in Delphi) then failed
with a "Catastrophic failure" message. The same app and the same
driver worked fine on my development machine running Windows Me. I
removed the drived and replaced it with an older version (version
6.5) and it then worked fine.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell            http://www.iol.ie/~rod/organ
rod@iol.ie                      The Irish Pipe Organ Page

Re: Current ODBC driver fails on Win2K

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I had problems yesterday trying to run the ODBC driver on Windows
> 2000 - it installed OK, but my app (written in Delphi) then failed
> with a "Catastrophic failure" message.

Which version of the ODBC driver did you install ?
Please try the latest driver at
  http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Current ODBC driver fails on Win2K

От
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Дата:
On 28 Feb 2002 at 8:28, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Which version of the ODBC driver did you install ?

It was version 7.01.00.09. I'll try the .10 version and see what
happens.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell            http://www.iol.ie/~rod/organ
rod@iol.ie                      The Irish Pipe Organ Page

Re: Current ODBC driver fails on Win2K

От
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Дата:
On 28 Feb 2002 at 10:44, Erle Czar Mantos wrote:

>        Is your ODBC driver the latest driver because
> the latest ODBC driver I had works fine on a Win2K.

I had virtually the latest version - just one build removed.

>        Anyway, why don't you consider using the
> open source ZeosDBO components in Delphi for accessing
> a PostgreSQL db, it uses the native libpq and is generally faster. I
> do see the reason why you're using ODBC.

I tried these, but had problems getting these to compile on my
system. I found in any case that when I tried to add persistent
fields to my ClientDataSets (at the client end of the app) that it
did not pick up the fields already added to the middle-tier datasets
in the way that you'd expect, so I went back to using Borland's
TQuery and ODBC.

--Ray

Raymond O'Donnell            http://www.iol.ie/~rod/organ
rod@iol.ie                      The Irish Pipe Organ Page

Re: Current ODBC driver fails on Win2K

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2002 at 10:44, Erle Czar Mantos wrote:
>
> >        Is your ODBC driver the latest driver because
> > the latest ODBC driver I had works fine on a Win2K.
>
> I had virtually the latest version - just one build removed.

Please try the newest driver(version 7.01.0011) at
    http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/ .

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Current ODBC driver fails on Win2K

От
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Дата:
On 4 Mar 2002, at 17:19, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Please try the newest driver(version 7.01.0011) at
>     http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/

Will do - thanks.

--Ray.

--------------------------------------
Raymond O'Donnell
rod@iol.ie
rod@gti.ie
--------------------------------------

Re: Current ODBC driver fails on Win2K

От
Erle Czar Mantos

hi all:

       Is your ODBC driver the latest driver because
the latest ODBC driver I had works fine on a Win2K.
       Anyway, why don't you consider using the
open source ZeosDBO components in Delphi for accessing
a PostgreSQL db, it uses the native libpq and is generally faster.
I do see the reason why you're using ODBC.

                                                   Erle Mantos