Обсуждение: SQLExecute get result to client?

SQLExecute get result to client?

От
Ludek Finstrle
Дата:
Hello,

  I have one question. It's not fatal error but very annoying thing.

My configuration:
-----------------
 server - Linux RH 7.2 + postgresql 7.1.3
 client - WinNT 4.0 Workstation + postgresql ODBC 7.01.00009

Problem description:
--------------------
I have application (without source) that test table with:

SQLPrepare "select * from table" with return code 0
SQLNumResultCols  with return code 0
SQLDescribeCol  with return code 0    (for each column)
SQLExecute  with return code 0
SQLFreeStmt  with return code 0

There is difference between Postgres and MSSQL ODBC. Postgres load whole
result to client in SQLExecute but MSSQL not. Table have +-500000 rows and
transfer through net takes very long time.

So my question is: Exists some patch to fix this? Or could you help me
with basic information what I have to change?

Thanks

Luf

Re: SQLExecute get result to client?

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
Ludek Finstrle wrote:

[snip]

> There is difference between Postgres and MSSQL ODBC. Postgres load whole
> result to client in SQLExecute but MSSQL not. Table have +-500000 rows and
> transfer through net takes very long time.
>
> So my question is: Exists some patch to fix this? Or could you help me
> with basic information what I have to change?

Turn on the Use Declare/Fetch option.
It would work well with read-only applications.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: SQLExecute get result to client?

От
Ludek Finstrle
Дата:
> > There is difference between Postgres and MSSQL ODBC. Postgres load whole
> > result to client in SQLExecute but MSSQL not. Table have +-500000 rows and
> > transfer through net takes very long time.
> >
> > So my question is: Exists some patch to fix this? Or could you help me
> > with basic information what I have to change?
>
> Turn on the Use Declare/Fetch option.
> It would work well with read-only applications.

I tried this. But it has no effect. I'll try it once more.

Thanks

Luf