Обсуждение: dynasets

dynasets

От
Jim Hines
Дата:
Hello,
I am currently evaluating a new charactor generator system for a television
station for which I work. The system runs on WinNT 4.0. It's called a
Pinnacle FX-Deko unit and it quite nice. However, one thing this system MUST
do in order to be of any use to us is to access our already existing
PostgreSQL database through ODBC.

The FXDeko s/w does indeed find my PostgreSQL database and all the
tables/fields, but when I try accessing the data, I get an error that states:
"DRIVER DOES NOT SUPPORT DYNASETS."

I've done a bit of research on dynasets and from what it seems, this is a
Microsoft extension that is only supported via Visual Basic, Visual C++ and
Access.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this thing to work without using
dynasets?

thanks,
--
Jim Hines
IT Mgr, WDTV NewsChannel 5

TEL:304.848.5000
FAX:304.842.7501
<http://www.wdtv.com>
<jhines@wdtv.com>

WDTV NewsChannel 5 is a CBS Affiliate

Re: dynasets

От
A_Schnabel@t-online.de (Andre Schnabel)
Дата:
Hi,

what version of driver and PostgreSQL do you use?
I've done some ODBC-programming with postgres (postgres 7.1.x, ODBC
7.01.00.0x) an AFAIR, I used dynasets.

> I am currently evaluating a new charactor generator system for a
television
> station for which I work. The system runs on WinNT 4.0. It's called a
> Pinnacle FX-Deko unit and it quite nice. However, one thing this system
MUST
> do in order to be of any use to us is to access our already existing
> PostgreSQL database through ODBC.
>
> The FXDeko s/w does indeed find my PostgreSQL database and all the
> tables/fields, but when I try accessing the data, I get an error that
states:
> "DRIVER DOES NOT SUPPORT DYNASETS."
>
> I've done a bit of research on dynasets and from what it seems, this is a
> Microsoft extension that is only supported via Visual Basic, Visual C++
and
> Access.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this thing to work without using
> dynasets?
>
> thanks,
> --
> Jim Hines
> IT Mgr, WDTV NewsChannel 5
> Your Hometown News
>
> TEL:304.848.5000
> FAX:304.842.7501
> <http://www.wdtv.com>
> <jhines@wdtv.com>
>
> WDTV NewsChannel 5 is a CBS Affiliate

Re: dynasets

От
Jim Hines

> what version of driver and PostgreSQL do you use?
> I've done some ODBC-programming with postgres (postgres 7.1.x, ODBC
> 7.01.00.0x) an AFAIR, I used dynasets.

sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week!

I'm currently running ODBC v 7.01.0007 and Postgres 7.1.2. At the time I'd
written the original letter, I was running ODBC 7.01.0006. PG was the same
however. The later version of ODBC has made no difference. I still get the
same "Driver does not support dynasets" error.

Thx,
Jim Hines
IT Mgr, WDTV NewsChannel 5
Your Hometown News

TEL:304.848.5000
FAX:304.842.7501
<http://www.wdtv.com>
<jhines@wdtv.com>

WDTV NewsChannel 5 is a CBS Affiliate

Re: dynasets

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Jim Hines wrote:

> > what version of driver and PostgreSQL do you use?
> > I've done some ODBC-programming with postgres (postgres 7.1.x, ODBC
> > 7.01.00.0x) an AFAIR, I used dynasets.
>
> sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week!
>
> I'm currently running ODBC v 7.01.0007 and Postgres 7.1.2. At the time I'd
> written the original letter, I was running ODBC 7.01.0006. PG was the same
> however. The later version of ODBC has made no difference. I still get the
> same "Driver does not support dynasets" error.

psqlodbc driver itself doesn't support updatable cursors.
Doesn't your tool provide .. e.g. cursor library or cursor
engine ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: dynasets

От
Jim Hines
Дата:
On Monday 24 September 2001 07:13 pm, you wrote:

> psqlodbc driver itself doesn't support updatable cursors.
> Doesn't your tool provide .. e.g. cursor library or cursor
> engine ?

Being rather new at ODBC, I have to admit that I'm not sure what you mean
here. I've heard of the cursor library, but am unable to find any other
references to it. Please explain, or give me some links to check out.

thx,
--

Jim Hines wrote:

> On Monday 24 September 2001 07:13 pm, you wrote:
>
> > psqlodbc driver itself doesn't support updatable cursors.
> > Doesn't your tool provide .. e.g. cursor library or cursor
> > engine ?
>
> Being rather new at ODBC, I have to admit that I'm not sure what you mean
> here. I've heard of the cursor library, but am unable to find any other
> references to it. Please explain, or give me some links to check out.

Unfortunately I don't know the tool you are using(FXDeko?).
It's hard to tell if it could use the cursor library.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue