Обсуждение: I cant' configure ODBC

I cant' configure ODBC

От
"Tamara D. Blum"
Дата:
Hi, i'm new in postgresql and i'm trying to configure the ODBC driver to access postgresql from Access and StarOffice.
I downloaded an ODBC driver from internet and when i try to connect postgresql it ask me for a servername and i have installed it with CygWin in the same computer i try to access.

I read a chapter about ODBC in postgresql documentation, but there are some files i don't have in my installation.

Can anyone explain me how to install and configure ODBC ?

Thanks
Tamara.

RE: I cant' configure ODBC

От
"Tamara D. Blum"
Дата:
Ed,
i tryed also with my password (the login name is the same in Windows).
Is there something i forgot to make in Cygwin's side ?
Any command i have to execute to check if the option ODBC is installed correctly ?

Thanks

I had to put in my regular Windows login name and password before it would work for me.
it gives me an error: "ODBC--call failed"
That is my configuration:
    Database: template1
    Server: localhost
    Port: 5432
    User Name: TBlum (is the name that returns the command whoami)
    Password: (none)

Any idea ?
Thanks
The "Server Name" needs to be set to "localhost"

Ed Koffeman
Hi, i'm new in postgresql and i'm trying to configure the ODBC driver to access postgresql from Access and StarOffice.
I downloaded an ODBC driver from internet and when i try to connect postgresql it ask me for a servername and i have installed it with CygWin in the same computer i try to access.

I read a chapter about ODBC in postgresql documentation, but there are some files i don't have in my installation.

Can anyone explain me how to install and configure ODBC ?

Thanks
Tamara.

RE: I cant' configure ODBC

От
"Tamara D. Blum"
Дата:
I tryed with another database (i created) --> The same answer !
The version of Postgresql is 7.1.2-3

Thanks
Tamara

That is my configuration:
Database: template1

Database template1 doesn't seem to be a good idea.
Create a database and use that one.
Which Version of PostgreSQL are you using? 7.0X I guess.

regards

Johann

Johann Zuschlag
zuschlag2@online.de

Re: I cant' configure ODBC

От
Keith Gray
Дата:
On the linux platform you have to set a config file to allow
certain hosts to connect to Postgres.

Something about...

127.0.0.1/32 trust

--
Keith Gray

Technical Development Manager
Heart Consulting Services P/L
mailto:keith@heart.com.au

RE: I cant' configure ODBC

От
"Henshall, Stuart - WCP"
Дата:
    Could there be a case issue? Try creating a lowercase only name and
seeing if you can connect via that.
    Maybe try adding this line to the pg_hba.conf:
- Stuart

RE: I cant' configure ODBC

От
"Henshall, Stuart - WCP"
Дата:
    Could there be a case issue? Try creating a lowercase only name and
seeing if you can connect via that.
    Maybe try adding this line to the pg_hba.conf:
    host     all     0.0.0.0     0.0.0.0     trust
This'll grant everywhere trust login (no password, just username), so it
should test if your pg_hba.conf file is the problem.
- Stuart
PS Sorry for the previous truncated mail - I'll learn to use a keyboard one
day, maybe :)

RE: I cant' configure ODBC

От
Nick Kennedy

On the linux platform you have to set a config file to allow
certain hosts to connect to Postgres.

Something about...

127.0.0.1/32 trust

--
Keith Gray

Technical Development Manager
Heart Consulting Services P/L
mailto:keith@heart.com.au

Any views expressed in this message are the sender's own, and do not
represent the views of Nailsea Family Practice or Woodspring Healthcare
Limited except where the sender specifically states them to be the
views of one or both of those organisations. This e-mail should only be
read by those persons to whom it is addressed. Accordingly, we disclaim
all responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for
the consequences of any person other than the intended recipients acting,
or refraining from acting, on such information. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please accept our apologies and we simply request that
you delete this document. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited.