Обсуждение: PostgreSQL Replication

PostgreSQL Replication

От
Franklin Haut
Дата:
I have a doubt about replication, hopefully they can help me. I have several databases all in version 9.2, geographically distant, as in the example below:

200.xxx.xxx.1
    database1 (260GB)
    database2 (20GB)

200.xxx.xxx.2
    database3 (60GB)
    database4 (10GB)

200.xxx.xxx.3
    database5 (200GB)
    database6 (500GB)

200.xxx.xxx.4
    database7 (200GB)
    database8 (3GB)

I need to replicate databases
(database2, database4, database5, database6, database7) to another
230.yyy.zzz.5 server only for backup, no insert, update or delete command.
Some times can be the downfall of Internet link

230.yyy.zzz.5
    database2
    database4
    database5
    database6
    database7

Is there way to implement this replication?

Best regards

Franklin Haut

Re: PostgreSQL Replication

От
Kevin Grittner
Дата:
Franklin Haut <franklin.haut@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a doubt about replication, hopefully they can help me. I
> have several databases all in version 9.2, geographically
> distant, as in the example below:
> 200.xxx.xxx.1
>     database1 (260GB)
>     database2 (20GB)
> 200.xxx.xxx.2
>     database3 (60GB)
>     database4 (10GB)
> 200.xxx.xxx.3
>     database5 (200GB)
>     database6 (500GB)
> 200.xxx.xxx.4
>     database7 (200GB)
>     database8 (3GB)
> I need to replicate databases
> (database2, database4, database5, database6, database7) to
> another 230.yyy.zzz.5 server only for backup, no insert, update
> or delete command.
> Some times can be the downfall of Internet link
> 230.yyy.zzz.5
>     database2
>     database4
>     database5
>     database6
>     database7
> Is there way to implement this replication?

You can't use the built-in streaming replication to replicate
selected databases in a cluster, but if you use separate clusters
on the master that would be an option.  Otherwise you need a
"logical" replication solution rather than one geared toward the
page level.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling

--
Kevin Grittner