Обсуждение: How to apply a regular expression to a select statement

How to apply a regular expression to a select statement

От
JORGE MALDONADO
Дата:
Please consider the following situation.

SELECT tar_clave, tar_nombre, tar_dir, tar_vdir FROM cat_tipos_artista

The field "tar_dir" was URL encoded before inserting the record into the database. What I need is to URL decode it right within the SELECT statement and I think that, maybe, this can be achieved by applying a regular expression in such a statement. I will very much appreciate if someone tells me if this is possible and how.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado

Re: How to apply a regular expression to a select statement

От
"ktm@rice.edu"
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:37:44PM -0500, JORGE MALDONADO wrote:
> Please consider the following situation.
>
> SELECT tar_clave, tar_nombre, tar_dir, tar_vdir FROM cat_tipos_artista

SELECT tar_clave, tar_nombre, url_decode(tar_dir), tar_vdir FROM cat_tipos_artista

You will need to write the url_decode() function if one does not
exist.

Regards,
Ken