Обсуждение: Clusters list - Windows PostgreSQL server

Clusters list - Windows PostgreSQL server

От
Léa Massiot
Дата:
Hello,

Thank you for reading my post.

My question is simple: how can I get a  list of the clusters of a Windows
PostgreSQL server?
In Debian Linux, I use the "pg_lsclusters" wrapper... is there something
similar under Windows?

Thanks and best regards.

Re: Clusters list - Windows PostgreSQL server

От
Léa Massiot
Дата:
I solved my problem using a sequence of commands like the following:

The problem that now remains is that I've had to stop the other running
postmaster which was listening on port 5432:

After starting "pg_cluster_test", if I try to restart "data", it fails.

I understand why it fails: two different processes can't listen to the same
TCP port.
How can this be avoided? I seems to me it is possible to start both clusters
at the same time under Debian...

Best regards.

Re: Clusters list - Windows PostgreSQL server

От
Léa Massiot
Дата:
> How can this be avoided?

For "pg_cluster_test", I edited "postgresql.conf" and changed "port = 5432"
to "port = 5433".

> It seems to me it is possible to start both clusters at the same time
> under Debian...

I checked it, this is what Debian does automatically (the port number
changing).

Regards.