Обсуждение: "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found

"postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found

От
H S
Дата:
[postgres@localhost bin]$ ./initdb --enable-selinux -D /opt/sepgsql/
The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found in the
same directory as "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb".
Check your installation.

What should I do to fix the problem?

sara

Re: [ADMIN] "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found

От
raghu ram

The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found in the
same directory as "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb".
Check your installation.

What should I do to fix the problem?

Ok, to know where your installation location is, try this command.

which initdb

-- Raghu

sara

Re: [ADMIN] "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
H S <aras_h1988@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [postgres@localhost bin]$ ./initdb --enable-selinux -D
> /opt/sepgsql/
> The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found in
> the same directory as "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb".
> Check your installation.
>
> What should I do to fix the problem?

Did you run ./initidb with /usr/local/pgsql/bin/ as your current
directory?

Is there a postgres executable in that directory?

Also, what version?  Where did you get it?  How did you install it?
What's your OS?

-Kevin

Re: [ADMIN] "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found

От
Muruganand Karthikeyan
Дата:
Anyone know where I can get the source for postgres 8.4.5 ?? I've been
looking in the download mirrors and all I see is version 8.4.6/8.4.7
and so on.... what about version 8.4.5??? If all else fails, is there
a way to do a checkout of the source for v8.4.5?

Thanks,
-Muruganand

Re: [ADMIN] "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found

От
Grzegorz Szpetkowski
Дата:
Look at ftp://ftp-archives.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.4.5/

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Where-is-the-source-code-for-v8-4-5-td4312500.html

Grzegorz Sz.