Обсуждение: How to delete databases from PostGreSQL?

How to delete databases from PostGreSQL?

От
Ruud van Dijk
Дата:
Hi there,

I have around 10 databases in my PostGreSQL database, but i want to delete some of those im not using.
I've looked, but i have no clue how to delete them?

Can you give me any information or a guideline to make this possible for a computer noob.

Regards,
Ruud

Re: How to delete databases from PostGreSQL?

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 4 January 2011 14:18, Ruud van Dijk <ruud_v_dijk@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have around 10 databases in my PostGreSQL database, but i want to delete
> some of those im not using.
> I've looked, but i have no clue how to delete them?
>
> Can you give me any information or a guideline to make this possible for a
> computer noob.

Just as you use CREATE DATABASE to create it, you can use DROP
DATABASE to remove it.

Read the documentation page about DROP DATABASE:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-dropdatabase.html

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

Re: How to delete databases from PostGreSQL?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 15:18 +0100, Ruud van Dijk wrote:

> I have around 10 databases in my PostGreSQL database, but i want to
> delete some of those im not using.
> I've looked, but i have no clue how to delete them?

Connect to server using a client, and execute

DROP DATABASE database_name;

Alternatively, You can use pgadmin3 as GUI, which will let you drop a
database with a right click. http://www.pgadmin.org

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org