Обсуждение: Join Scalability

Join Scalability

От
Darryl Pye
Дата:
Hi

Was wondering how/if postgres degrades as the number of tables  joined increases.

I am looking at joining lots (from a few up to  100+) tables in a single query,
All tables will be joined on an indexed integer id,

I am not concerned about amount of data just if that too many joins may cause the planner problems or each join has additional
overhead etc

Regards,
Darryl

Find it at CarPoint.com.au New, Used, Demo, Dealer or Private?

Re: Join Scalability

Дата:
Darryl Pye <darrylpye@hotmail.com> writes:
> Was wondering how/if postgres degrades as the number of tables  joined increases.

> I am looking at joining lots (from a few up to  100+) tables in a single query,

Don't do it.  Rethink your schema design, instead.  Why do you think you
need to join so many tables in one query?

            regards, tom lane