Обсуждение: Maximize columns in a table

Maximize columns in a table

От
"Mohlomi Moloi"
Дата:
Hello people,

I am currently in a process of designing the database and defining schemas for some survey to be done.
I was curious if there is a way to increase or maximize my number of columns in a table to +-2000 columns as the limit is up to 1600 per table?

I’ve googled a bit and realized that configuring block size/fragment might allow the increment, however I’m not sure if that's a good idea.
Is there a way of achieving this in an efficient way?

Most appreciatively,
Hlomiza

The material transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any retransmission, dissemination, other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Re: Maximize columns in a table

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
> Hello people,
>
> I am currently in a process of designing the database and defining schemas for
> some survey to be done.
> I was curious if there is a way to increase or maximize my number of columns in
> a table to +-2000 columns as the limit is up to 1600 per table?

AFAIK no.

I think, you should normalize your table-design. Do you need really 2000
columns in a table?

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: Maximize columns in a table

От
"Mohlomi Moloi"
Дата:
I have done basic 1st normal form.
The reason for increasing my number of columns was to reduce my number
of TEMPLATES a data capturer has to work with in TELEForm (TELEForm
being my front-end to capture data). 2nd reason is to reduce the size of
my questionnaire.

Thanks,
Hlomiza