Обсуждение: attributes of columns from a table in postgresql database

attributes of columns from a table in postgresql database

От
Pallayya Sarma Karra
Дата:
Hi,

I am trying to read the attributes of columns from a database table in
postgresql
Can you please help me.. this is an important task with a very short deadline

Thank you ahead,

Re: attributes of columns from a table in postgresql database

От
Joshua Tolley
Дата:
On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 10:02:28AM -0600, Pallayya Sarma Karra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to read the attributes of columns from a database table in
> postgresql

What do you mean, exactly? You probably want the pg_attribute table, which
describes each row in a table (its name, type, etc.).

- Josh / eggyknap

Вложения

Re: attributes of columns from a table in postgresql database

От
Pallayya Sarma Karra
Дата:
Hi,

Thank you very much. I find pg_attribute table contains the info
I am looking for.

But I am not able to build a query, which should read the properties of
columns of a table from a source database and populate tables of a
destination database.

In the destination database, there would be a table for each property
of the column.
For example, there would be a table in destination database for default_value.

Hence, if  source database contains 2 tables with 10 columns each and we are
interested in collecting 6 different properties for each column, the
destination
database would contain 6 tables with 20 rows each.

 Please help me in this task.I am novice database programmer. I tried
hard but it is being tough for me
to store the results after reading the source database and them populating
them into the destination database.

Thanks in advance,

Pallayya Sarma Karra