Обсуждение: where are source rpms

where are source rpms

От
plu 12
Дата:
I have a CentOS 3 server that I need to build new Pg 8.3 client libraries for.
There aren't any pre-built RPMs so I'm looking to build the rpm from source.

But where are the source RPMs? I can't find them in the postgresql.org downloads area.

I found this project:
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgrpm/

But I don't see any actual source rpms provided there.

I found this page about building the rpms but there's no links and the PDF is giving "permission denied":

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RPM_Packaging

Any pointers?

Thanks.

Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.

Re: where are source rpms

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 15:37 -0700, plu 12 wrote:

> I have a CentOS 3 server that I need to build new Pg 8.3 client
> libraries for. There aren't any pre-built RPMs so I'm looking to build
> the rpm from source.
>
> But where are the source RPMs? I can't find them in the postgresql.org
> downloads area.

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.3/redhat/rhel-4-i386/repoview/postgresql.html

->

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.3/redhat/rhel-4-i386/postgresql-8.3.6-1PGDG.rhel4.src.rpm

Please note that you may want to use this spec file:

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgcore/repo/rpm/redhat/8.3/postgresql/EL-3/postgresql-8.3.spec

(the main thing is enabling buildrhel3 macro in spec file)

It is not an RPM packaging project :) http://www.pgsqlrpms.org and
http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org are the projects for PostgreSQL RPM packaging.

> I found this page about building the rpms but there's no links and the
> PDF is giving "permission denied":
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RPM_Packaging

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/files/PostgreSQL-RPM-Installation-PGDG.pdf

Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
                   http://www.gunduz.org

Вложения

Re: where are source rpms

От
Olivier Thauvin
Дата:
* Devrim G�?ND�?Z (devrim@gunduz.org) wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 15:37 -0700, plu 12 wrote:
> > I found this project:
> > http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgrpm/
> >
> > But I don't see any actual source rpms provided there.
>
> It is not an RPM packaging project :) http://www.pgsqlrpms.org and
> http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org are the projects for PostgreSQL RPM packaging.

A better reply from the pgrpm author ;)

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgrpm/

Pgrpm is a postgresql module to store and query rpms inside a postgresql
database.

See http://sophie.zarb.org/ for usage example.

But probably not what you're looking for ;)

Вложения