Обсуждение: telnet examples

telnet examples

От
"Jason Dusek"
Дата:
  Where can I find some good examples of using telnet to talk to
  PostgreSQL directly and run SQL queries, &c.? I'd like to
  write an AIR class that communicates with PostgreSQL (right
  now, in a very limited fashion) and interactivity would help.

--
_jsn

Re: telnet examples

От
"Sean Davis"
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Where can I find some good examples of using telnet to talk to
>  PostgreSQL directly and run SQL queries, &c.? I'd like to
>  write an AIR class that communicates with PostgreSQL (right
>  now, in a very limited fashion) and interactivity would help.

There are many interfaces to talk to Postgresql remotely, but telnet
is not one of them.  You can use a client program over a telnet login
session?  See the documentation for psql (in the postgresql docs) or
download pgAdminIII.

I'm not familiar with an air class, though, so I can't help you
directly with your problem.

Sean

Re: telnet examples

От
"Jason Dusek"
Дата:
  For the time being, I've basically given up on this -- we're
  using netcat hooked to `psql` and allowing the client to use
  raw SQL. This is obviously not a long term solution, but it
  does allow us to proceed in the short term.

--
_jsn

Re: telnet examples

Дата:
Jason Dusek wrote:
>   For the time being, I've basically given up on this -- we're
>   using netcat hooked to `psql` and allowing the client to use
>   raw SQL. This is obviously not a long term solution, but it
>   does allow us to proceed in the short term.

Good solution.  The API for sending queries and returning results is
just too complex to ever emulate in telnet directly.